Opinions on Taurus M627 Tracker.

Daedalus

I have read here that Taurus has had some CQ problems. Can anyone tell me how the M627 Tracker performs? Thanks.

My experience with the Taurus M627 Tracker is that it is very comfortable to shoot - practically no felt recoil (firing 145 and 125 grain .357 cartridges) thanks to the porting and the ribbed rubber grip. However, I could not get over the fact that the instruction manuel said dry-firing would be harmful to the gun.

So I took the Taurus M627 Tracker back to the dealer after firing only 14 bullets from the 7-shot cylinder. I then bought a Ruger KGP141, dry fired it night and day for a week, and fooled a CCW instructor into thinking this tyro was an experienced shooter - by placing tight groups around the X in the middle of the silhouettes during the range time at the CCW training course.

I have a Tracker

and for me it has been reliable. But, at the gun store where I bought it the owner will no longer carry Taurus because of reliability problems. True, Taurus has a lifetime warrant (which it stands behind) but I reallly hate sending a NIB gun back to the manufacturer. Caveat Emptor!

Back