Opinions on Ruger P40

eagleye

I am looking at a Ruger P40 to purchase. Need opinions from folks that are more familiar with this gun. Would this be a good gun to own?

------------------
You can't take it with you.

Sorry folks there is no P40 it should have been a Ruger P90. Info on this particular pistol would be greatly appreciated. Thanx

------------------
You can't take it with you.

eagleye, The P90 has been rated as one of the most reliable 45's on the market. Accuracy is also very good. You can't go wrong purchasing a Ruger. Rod Black

If you're considering a .45 pistol made by Ruger, check out the newer Ruger P97 with its isoplast (polymer) frame. It has more rail (compare at the muzzle) than the P90. It is also a lot slimmer and from what they told me at the factory, more accurate than the P90.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

I have a friend who has a P90 and he loves it. I've shot it and it is both reliable and accurate. The P97 is supposedly even better--that is, if you like polymer-framed pistols. Either way, you'll get a quality, reliable weapon with decent accuracy and you won't be paying a fortune for it. Tell us what you end up with, and how you like it--
Happy shooting!

Sic semper tyrannis

freedomlover

Back