Opinions on Rainbow-6

Marcus

I`ve been playing this game like it`s going out of style,seems like a much better sim of real life than Duke Nukem or other gamier games. Has anyone else out there tried it? Opinions? Marcus

As I said in another thread somewhere, I liked it. I'm a Clancy fan and was anxious to try it out.

I got bored with it pretty quick, though.I'm not much a computer gamer anymore. The few Multi-player games I got in were pretty neat.

------------------
-Essayons

I've been playing off and on now for about two weeks. I've found that I do much better if I don't have the whole mission preplanned. I'll do a partial routing. When a decision has to be made, the situation has usually changed since the routing was drawn up anyway. I'd like to be able to change between team members though. From what I understand that should be possible with the patch, but I can't do it.

I am of the opinion Rainbow Six is what SWAT should have been. Good game... I have played it a couple times, but I have yet to put money on it.
Liked "SPEC OPS: Rangers Lead The Way" but then again, having been a Ranger... I am way biased.
Can you really effectivly silence a 10MM? I think you would burn out the suppressor rather quickly...

------------------
Kodiac
Kenetic Defense Institute
kodiac@hotbot.com

I have been told by one of the gurus at GemTech that the ammo used in successfully suppressed 10mmAUTOs is reduced velocity. They are glorified .40 S&Ws.

Makes sense, in that to effectively suppress any weapon you have got to use a subsonic loading.

------------------
-Essayons

Back