Opinions on Gen 2 police trade in Glock 22 in 40.

bspillman

I’ve owned a gen 3 glock 9 in the past and liked it. I’ve picked up a gen 2 40 cal. What’s everyone’s opinions on them and has anyone put a couple thousand rounds through one without issue? Thanks.

It's a Glock.

That seems overly simple, almost sarcastic, but it really does juat about say it all. Some folks love em or hate em, but it is what it is....which ain't bad.

I don’t think Glock ever really made a GREAT .40. That said for the $289/299 I am seeing for PD trade ins they are a helluva lot of gun for the money.

Just purchased a Glock 22 as a police trade in. Got it for $299 and it looked to be virtually new.

Never been a huge fan of Glocks, but I'm surprised how much I'm liking this gun. Recoil is a little snappier than 9mm, but totally manageable. Right out of the box I was hitting 5" plates from 20 yards with boring regularity.

The Glock Fo-tay is to this decade what the S&W K-frame was to the 1990s: a perfectly fine and reliable firearm overtaken by time & fashion that LEOs have abandoned and can be had for a song.

I had one. Went bang, ergos were okay. Seemed to have a hell of a lot of recoil compared to my S&W M&P Compact police trade in.

Kept the Smith, sold the Glock.

To each their own however as the Glock didn't work for me, but it was reliable.

Back