Opinions on Finishes

REFLEX

Can anyone give me some input on any finishes you have put on your firearms.

I am looking to refinish with a matte / flat black type.

Thanks

------------------
"Sure Shot"

Reflex: Thankfully I have never had to refinish a gun b/c of wear. I have also never brought myself to put the money into refinishing a weapon just b/c I did not like the factory finish. I have inquried about several different ones though. For a matte black finish I have been told by numerous persons to go with Birdsong's Black-T. Good luck!!

------------------
Give me liberty or give me death !!

Stay alive, shoot a .45 !!

Reflex-Check out the Arizona Response Systems website. I would highly recommend the Metacol II or III finish for you. Handguns are $125 and long guns are $175. They have a gallery you can look at to see the finish. Although I have not personally used the Birdsong finish, I have friends that had this finish applied to their firearms and they are quite happy with it. A personal favorite of mine is Robar. Check their website, too.

Steve

I put some info on two Robar finishes in an earlier thread, and a bunch of guys had info on other finishes, Black T, hardchrome, etc. A search on that should give you everything you need.

go to www.bearcoat.com
had them do an fn for me as well as a bunch of mags. when i get some extra toy money they will ba doing another rifle for me. btw. i had them do the whole rifle less the bolt/extracoer/firing pin. anyone who shot my fn noticed a big difference as compared to their fn's.

Thank you for the reply's. I have heard a lot about Birdsong and ARS. I prefer a Company that has a developed website, I guess it's a security thing.

More opinions welcome and encouraged, thanks.

FJC

------------------
"Screw you guys, I'm going home!" Cartman 1998

Check Accurate Plating & Weaponry; Bob Cogan has been in the business a LONG time.

Good 'smith, great finishes.

------------------
"All my ammo is factory ammo"

I had my Glock 23 sent off to Robar to have their Roguard finish applied to the slide and barrel. It is wearing very well, only spots worn are the feed ramp and breech face. It is very slick on it's own and with no lubricants added. It hasn't had a failure to feed or fire yet. In all, I am happy with it as a finish.

Back