Opinions on a trade

lordhedgwich

I have been talking with a guy about a trade Hes offering a chinese type 53 with a 440 spam can for my CZ brno 98/22 turkish contract mauser. I just wanted the wise advice of the People on this fourm. before i committed. Thanks guys

1418342_683477795010364_1326066565_n_zpsda09b2b5.jpg

heck no. the type 53 in good condition is only worth $100 and the ammo worth $100. your mauser is worth more and is also a much more refined and nicer rifle to shoot. I would still take the mauser over the t53 and 2 cans of ammo.

Although I think Tahunua's valuations are low for today's market, the Mauser is definitely a far superior gun. I'd keep it.

(Anoither factor to consider is that 8x57 is commercially manufactured in the U.S. so, more than likely, ammo will be available for many years to come, whereas 7.62x54 is only available as either foreign surplus or newly made from foreign sources. Once the surplus dries up, no more el cheapo ammo.)

Well i told him last night that i wasnt 100% certain on the trade last night and he said he wasnt sure he wanted the mauser anyway so i guess no harm done :p. I guess i get to Keep shooting my mauser. Anyone know where i can get a sling for it?

Numrich and Sarco have the slings, various types, lots of repros out there. International Military Antiques may have originals, and of course repros.

If the T53 were in excellent condition it could be interesting.
Many of them, however, were used to dig trenches and have sewer pipes for bores.

i did end up trading my mauser but for a 1943 IZ mosin with a 440 round tin and all excessories I paid 165.00 for my mauser at a gun show like 3 years ago so i think i did alright. I just really like mosin plus i still have another mauser :p

Back