Opinions of the Remington Sendero 25-06

Peter M. Eick

I am getting interested in buying a Remington Sendero SF Stainless 25-06 as a plinking/hunting/target gun. I understand that they are recommended here in the Texas area for deer and varmits. They also could be used for other hunts like small elk or hogs, but for me, probably 90% of the time it will be on the range punching paper.

I already have a 700BDL SS 7-08, and several 308's, so I do not want anything in a 243 or another 7mm, like a 7mm mag. I am looking for something in a lighter bullet and more long range punch then my 7-08.

Any opinions on the current production stainless Sendero's?

What about the 25-06 as a South and West Texas deer and muley caliber?

Any alternatives I should consider?

Thanks.

------------------

I do not have any experience with the Remington Sendero but I have used the .25-06. It would be an excellent cartridge choice for your intended use.

Peter, Sounds like a good combo to me. While I don't have a Sendero in 25 06 I do have a stainless in 7mm STW. For the money, I would say It's a good but big rig. I have a 25 06 made up by Harry McGowen that is also a big rig but way more money on a Mauser 98 action that shoots very flat, hard and accurately.
I've never hunted in Texas but Whitetail here go 200 to 240 lbs for a nice buck in my area.
The Nosler Partition 120 grainers at 3000+ fps. will do the job. I can't figure a negative to your question!
Hank

Thanks everyone.

Birthday is coming up next month, so I will start shopping now.

I will let you know what it is like after I get one.

pete

Back