opinions of beretta silver pigeon...

barnettamb

hey guys im thinking about asking for a beretta silver pigeon for graduation. i would get a 28 gauge. does anyone have any opinions of this gun or suggestions
thanks

Great gun - what is your intended usage? 28 gauge can be expensive if you do not reload. Are you getting a scaled receiver or the model built on a 20 frame?

In either event, you will get a great gun that will last a long time

my main usage will just be skeet shooting. i typically go shoot once or twice a month and when im busy i might not go for several months. i plan on getting into reloading some after college but i can get shells for 9.99 a box at my local store and could get them for a little less online. with my limited shooting i dont think ammo cost will be too much of an issue. plus i have 2 870s one in 12 and one in 20 so i'd like to expand my collection to include a 28. i believe it is scaled down to a 28 gauge reciever instead of the 20. it is very light and feels great.

in the event that i started using more ammo, it would just give me an excuse to buy a reloader and get into that ha!

And if you do not get into reloading, save those hulls and sell them at your skeet club for about .13/each - that will reduce your total ammo cost to under $6/box

I'm not a Beretta expert ....but I think you'll find Beretta's field grade O/U's in 28ga and .410 are all built on their 20ga frame....( and so is Brownings - in their field grade and target grade guns ) for the most part.

I just bought a Beretta Silver Pigeon 1 Sporting back in March and I absolutely love it. Points good and the trigger is excellent. After I bought this gun I go and shoot clays almost twice as much because it gives me a chance to hold that beautiful amalgamation of wood and steel.

Back