Opinions about the Beretta Cougar F .45 ACP

I've owned one since last May. I like it a lot. Mine has been very reliable. I had a bit of a problem finding a holster for it locally but I finally picked up a Bianchi Accumold paddle holster.

The only real attraction of the pistol when I got it was that it is the first .45 ever made by Beretta. However, I'm glad I got it because I found that I really like it a lot.

Anything in particular you want to know about it?

Joe

cougar F.45ACP

I have one also, had it for 3 months. I love it feels great
shoots straight. I think its perfect for CC. My wife is saving her pennies for 1 also she likes the way it feels
and its easy for her to load. We tried some of the 1911's
and she couldn't pull the slide. We buy our guns together
so it was the Beretta...........

Danbh

Beretta Cougar .45 ACP

Trying to decide which one to get as a backup gun, the Beretta Cougar F .45 ACP or the H&K Mark 23 .45 ACP? Just needed opinions on how well the Beretta Cougar F .45 ACP fair against the H&K.

Funny you should compare the Cougar .45 to the HK USP .45 as I've been doing the same thing for the past 6 months or so. Both go to the range quite often. (I don't have a Mark 23 but the full size USP .45 is comparable)

I would think it would depend on what you want to do with the pistol. The Cougar is, IMO, better suited for concealed carry but the HK has a larger magazine capsity. Accuracy might be a tad bit better with the HK but it couldn't be by much. I personally find the HK sights easier to pick up and the HK's safety is in the correct location and allows for condition one carry if you want.

Honestly, it would be hard to wrong either way. Both are superb pistols. Do what I did, get both and enjoy.:)

Joe

Back