Opinion on suppressors

Lonestar06

Inactive
I need some honest opinions of the following suppressors:

Surefire
AAC
Wilson Combat

I have a 6.8SPC AR on order. I have zero experience with suppressors. I am interested in quality and performance, please leave cost out of the equation. I know there are many other suppressors out there, but after a lot of reading on several forums, two of the above are widely used and one is a new comer.

Thanks for any info

AAC alone makes at least 2-3 different models of 7.62 suppressors. You may want to narrow your question down to the types you're looking at.

You also need to decide how you want the can to attach -- thread directly to the
barrel or quick connect to a brake, comp or flash hider that is attached to the barrel

Surfire, the most money you can spend per db of sound reduction or possibly Knight's.

AAC great products worth waiting for, not sure what direction Remington plans to take the company.

SR420,

The AR is a Wilson Combat 6.8SPC and it comes with a threaded barrel and a Accu-Tac Flash hider. The Accu-Tac can be removed and a muzzle break attached. Even though I am a Wilson fan, I am looking at other manufacturers of suppressors other than Wilson. I was in hopes of finding someone that had experience with the Wilson suppressor. The AAC and the Surefire are popular in this area, and that is not to say I would not be open to other brands.

I am interested in the AAC M4-2000 or the Surefire FA68K, and any info on the Wilson available.

Not to hijack this thread, but I have followed it with great interest. thesheepdog, why the YHM? Please elaborate. I have looked hard at it and have narrowed my choice down to YMH SS vs. the AAC M4-2000, but cannot find any reason to choose one over the other.

The YHM are built like tanks. The use top notch materials and have attention to detail.
I spoke to many representatives from AAC, YHM, GemTech and ultimately the difference between these companies is prices, and mounting options.
AAC uses circumferential welds and so does GemTech and YHM. AAC uses inconel on their blast baffle and so does YHM and GemTech.
Their decibel ratings are all about the same and all are tested to military specifications for decibel reduction and full auto capability.

Lonestar06 SR420,

The AR is a Wilson Combat 6.8SPC and it comes with a threaded barrel and a Accu-Tac Flash hider. The Accu-Tac can be removed and a muzzle break attached. Even though I am a Wilson fan, I am looking at other manufacturers of suppressors other than Wilson. I was in hopes of finding someone that had experience with the Wilson suppressor. The AAC and the Surefire are popular in this area, and that is not to say I would not be open to other brands.

As previously mentioned, I went with SEI's .30 caliber Windtalker.
It's built for battlefield conditions and it's easily rebuild-able.

Windtalker.jpg

SR420, that looks very nice, I like it. The website does not list a MSRP.

How much should I expect to pay if I go that route?

Back