opinion on parkarize ghost ring mossberg 590

I just recently bought a new 590A1 and so far I really like it. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but it seems like a very sturdy gun. I hope to get to shoot it next weekend.

if getting the model 590,... i strongly recommend the 590"A1"... it has the thicker barrel. i have the 590A1, parkerized and with ghost ring sights and accessory lug (or in better words, bayonet lug) ,...just absolutely love it!!!

Paid $375 for new 590A1 (model 51660) from local Santa Barbara shop (Dodge City) five months ago. No ghost rings. 8+1 magazine.

[This message has been edited by Ledbetter (edited October 24, 2000).]

I acquired one of these a few months ago. It's my understanding that the 590A1 has been discontinued...or, rather, that its mil-spec features have been adopted by one of the standard 590 variations. In any case, I got the parkerized 590 with ghost ring sites, and bayonet lug.

I like it a lot. I haven't had much chance to shoot it, but I have taken it out, and it's just dandy.

Where did you hear that the 590A1 had been discontinued or that its special features had been adopted on more basic models?

Back