Opinion on holster for S&W 638

01frida

Just received a S&W 638 and am wondering who has experience with either IWB or pocket carry holsters with this revolver, I have read several reviews on the major manufacturers but don't want to spend the $ without some input.

a desantis nemisis, uncle mikes or sticky or remora pocket holster should all do well for pocket carry

For small revolvers such as the 638 I prefer a pocket holster. Since I can work with leather, I make my own. But the one dahermit (above) shows is excellent for the money.

I might add, you will have to wear pants that don't fit tight. I wear looser fitting jeans and Dockers with pleats. And you must dedicate a pocket to the pistol. You can't carry change or keys in the same pocket. Only the gun.

Hope this helps.

Gene

The DeSantis Nemesis is great for pocket carry and is very reasonably priced. That's how I normally carry my earlier built Model 38.

I've got a Desantis Nemisis for my other carry gun and a cheap Walmart pocket holster for my 442. Honestly, the cheap Walmart holster works just as good. No, it won't last as long and will need replacing sooner but for about $15 I can live with that.

I was given a Nemisis pocket holster and agree with the others about it being a good rig for pocket carry. For IWB I've got an Alessi Deep Cover holster that's been great. Wear it just to the right of my belt buckle. Kind of expensive, but to me worth the dough.

Mike

I've had a Mika Pocket holster for my J-frame and boy was it sweet. Never was totally comfortable with pocket carry with it, I prefer IWB for a J-frame for maximum concealability. I'm not a large man so pocket carry isn't the best for my frame.

I like my Remora for my 642. I can use it IWB, or pocket carry. There is a good chance Texas will pass an open carry bill soon. That will be nice.

Back