Online sourse for hunting boots

Erik

I'm looking for a good online source for hunting boots. Anyone have good advise and experiences?

Erik

I know I am not answering your question but I think buying boots without trying on the exact pair your buying is a bad idea. Most back pain and knee problems stem from improper fitting shoes and boots

XK214U-XK214U.jpg

Cabela's is a good place to get boots. I got a pair of IRISH SETTER Greenhawks about 6 months ago. I love'em, best boots I've ever owned, wear'em every day and they are comfortable. I didn't find to many boots that fit my specifications: "wide" size, moccasin toe construction, uninsulated, Gortex lining, light weight, and cost under $150. The Greenhawks are perfect.

I bought two sizes, then sent back the ones that didn't fit. That's how I buy a lot of my clothes and footwear, return shipping is only around $5. Small price to pay for a perfect fit, a great selection, and a good price. Plus, it saves a lot of time, gas, and having to go to the (ugh) mall. -- Kernel

[This message has been edited by Kernel (edited April 17, 2000).]

I agree Cobraman! I typically try on footwear at one of several ludicriously overpriced retail stores, determine what suites me in a given make and model, then shop around town and online for the best deal.

Erik

[This message has been edited by Erik (edited April 17, 2000).]

Ah Smart thinking Eric. I also want to offer more unrequested advice. If you wear boots alot get a good footbed insole for them. The Superfeet Brand insoles have saved me from giving hiking on the AT. I have a regualar pair and I also recently had a custom pair made. Man! My feet and back are happy now! Feet and well fitting shoes are very important. Sorry for the shameless Plug of one of my favorite products.

I buy my LaCrosse rubber boots for coon hunting from Wicks Outdoor Works in Montgomery City, MO. Best service around. If you need their number I can dig it up.

Back