online ordering????

Cyric13

I was wondering about online ordering and what you guys who have done it though about it? Is it safe? Do you get what's advertised? I'm looking to buy NIB. Any thoughs and/or good online dealer addresses would be very helpful since where I'm at its hard to find good prices and a good selection.

thanks in advace, Cyric13

What do you mean by online ordering- you mean just finding a good dealer on the internet?
If you find a reputable dealer, lets say he's out of state- just have your dealer do a transfer for you (around $25), your dealer will then send a copy of his/her FFL to the dealer you bought the gun from and will be shipped to your FFL holder (just stating in case you aren't familiar with the process). If you want the name of a very reputable dealer with excellent prices talk to Jersey City Armory (Greg M.)- excellent service also. Don't know his web address off hand but some people here do (201-433-3288). Hope this helps.

Save yourself the headache. Buy locally. It saves you the risk of not getting what you want,in the time frame you want,and you avoid the ffl transfer charge,freight,ect. which will probably bring the price right up around what you would pay locally anyway. Keep in mind that the dealer has full control over when you get your new gun. I dont like that feeling. Read some of the past posts that i put up on my dealings with an out of state dealer. If I would have known how much of a pain in the arse it was,I would have bought locally. I would have gotten my gun sooner and only would have paid around $50 more if i got it locally. I bought an out of state gun 3 weeks ago and I still dont have it in my possesion. I for one will never do that again.

P.S. Dont forget about service,refunds,exchanges,accessories. These are things you cant get by purchasing out of state. If your gun is a lemon and you want a refund or exchange it makes things harder. The dealer probably wont pay for freight for you to ship it back for service,repair or replacement. Not to mention buying locally supports the local small guy. We need more of that.

Good Luck !

------------------
TIM : )

JG, Gregory Montes webpage is:

www.jcarmory.com

and I also have dealt with him many times and have received excellent service. There are many other reputable dealers on the web...this thread will probably lead you to them...

Back