One SMG, One FA carbine

Rant Casey

Looking to make a large investment and want high quality. No more than 30k total, what would you do? I'd like one SMG and one Carbine, please no one say a mini gun ;)

Registered Colt Lower

Uppers in 9mm and 5.56 (22, 45acp, 6.8, 7.62x39, 5.45x39 ect)

and....

Mac 10 or 11.

For a SMG, a TSMG, Uzi, maybe MP-5.
Smaller: Glock 18 or Stechkin, Schnellfeuer, Micro Uzi, something like that. Powder Springs Mac 10 .45 and a 21/28 Thompson are staples. Uzi's are good too. M-11/9 SMG is not the quality you're looking for. I have read many a Class 3 collector with the highest grade, sophisticated choppers say the cheap, simple little Sten is one of their favorites and most often used. Suomis are supposed to be very controllable (comparable to MP-5), if you want to start writing your name in bulletholes, and spare parts are extremely inexpensive, even the 71 rd. drums are like 20 bucks.
I like the looks of the Sterling, myself. That is the Rolls Royce of tubers.

Carbine- I'd take a Steyr AUG over anything, selective or semi. No clue how much they go for in auto,but they're out there, however. For a rifle cal/Subgun size weapon, I've seen HK 53's available for class 3 purchase. Although a 14" AUG is just about 2 feet long IIRC.

an American 180 always seemed like a fun toy. How many .22's have you heard of being used by Corrections facilities?

I really think you Need a good ol' Chicago Typewriter. Unless your tastes run to more modern stuff.

Integrally Suppressed pistols/carbines and SBR/S's and AOWs are my taste in NFA stuff, probably will never get anything though.

The S&W 76/MK 760 clones are fairly easy to find and cool as hell too.

Last edited:
Well the carbine is easy. Either get an M16 or an RDIAS. That'll be $12-14k or so.

The SMG will be a little more difficult. There's three good choices in my opinion:

1. M11/9 & a Lage upper. Cheapest at ~$4k. No .22LR option (yet).
2. Registered receiver Uzi. Next at ~$7-8k. .22LR conversion kit is available, parts are cheap and plentiful, easy to perform work on by yourself.
3. MP5 w/registered sear or a LaFrance trigger housing. IIRC they're going for about ~$16k or so. The big thing with an H&K sear is that you can use it on other host guns and shoot 9mm, .223 and .308. But then you've already got .223 covered with the M16, and who can really afford to shoot much .308 in full-auto considering how expensive it is now? Also, H&K parts are expensive. Also, H&K hates you.

FWIW I have an RDIAS and an Uzi. I used to have an MP5 but I sold it last year when I realized I'd rather have $16k.

Okay.... don't just say yes cuz you know it will hook me hard.... (it would)....
Do these .22 conversions fire in FA and if so do they do so pretty much consistent?
This could make me consider them invasion of privacy clauses on their paperwork....
Brent

Would be an easy decision for me...

An H&K MP5K-PDW for the subgub and a Colt M4 or Commando for the carbine.

What he said.

I like what Firepower is thinking with the HK's. Could this be done with one "registered sear"? If so then all you would need is the addl. tax stamp for the SBR if I have it right.

Okay.... don't just say yes cuz you know it will hook me hard.... (it would)....
Do these .22 conversions fire in FA and if so do they do so pretty much consistent?
This could make me consider them invasion of privacy clauses on their paperwork....
Brent

My .22 conversion works flawlessly on my M16...

Full auto AR type lower. Versatile and you only have to change the upper to have a variety of guns.

Thompson SMG. Heavy, not the best, but a classic first generation SMG.

Back