One size fits all Laserlyte trainer (Model LT-PRE) or a cartridge for each caliber?

clintpup

Until just recently I was convinced that I should go with the one size fits all calibers LT-PRE that goes in the bore of your gun but I am rethinking that after reading reviews that say that it is a pain to set up (to get it "shoot" where it should) and that the thing gets out of position every few shots. Do any of you guys have the LT-PRE? If so, is it a pain that must be adjusted constantly? Would it be easier (and better for training) if I got the caliber specific one?

Thanks!

-Clint

Whoa look at the msrp on that thing.. nuts

I don't have the LT-PRE
I have the LT-1, discontinued, it was basically a regular boresighter but it came with a sound activated module you dropped in.

It works pretty well except it sticks out quite far, you can forget about doing any holster work with it.

The LT-PRE looks to work kinda on a similar princible with the thing on the back.. it's a piece of plastic that expands to fit the barrel.

It Im not sure but the back looks like maybe it's a firing pin activated switch? but if thats the case the unit does not appear long enough for some guns..

I dunno.. I'd probably go for the LT-PRE.. although it still sticks out a bit so not sure if it would be good enough for holster work.. probably.

If you're not in need of drawing practice with it then I can recommend the LT-1 if you can find a old stock one on ebay or something.

I paid 45 for mine and that was when laserlyte first started making laser training stuff.

Back