One on One Senario

czhead

Senario is:
One on one firefight is in progress. You are involved. You pull trigger but no bang is heard! Opponent is within 10 yards and rushing towards you. Is there time to manually cycle to put in new round or do you pull trigger again hoping for ignition?

Can't pull the trigger again on the primary pistol I carry.:D

Your answer is: yes, there was. Lot to be said for bug too.

Pistol whipping isn't just a tired old phrase, just beat the crap out of him , if you're really good you will cycle the slide by beating it into his head, chambering another round. The click has been heard 5 times by me.

22lr
6.5jap, hard norma primers.
the rest Barnaul Russian .223

Buy good ammo, shoot good pistols, not going to be a problem. I imagine that lonely sound is most often heard from user induced error. "Oh you mean it works better if I put a bullet thingy in the tube whatchamacallit?" Oops.

Pull trigger again, and again, and again, and again, and again. If subject is still standing, reload, switch to BUG or knife.

edited to add spelling errors

Tap, Rack, Bang.

Getting to the BUG takes longer than it'll take the BG to move the thirty feet if'n he's already in motion and I have to recover from the shock of the "Click!" Those clicks just don't come from my carry gun and it'd take me a second to drop back to a course of action different form the normal training I've done to counter them...

And of course pistol whipping takes place if he beats me to it -
Tap, Rack, Whip, Whip, Whip, Bang!

I should also add, that you too should be moving, preferable backward or sideways if possible to throw him off and give you more time to recover. ALways remember, that you have to control the situation.

Back