One more down, two more to go

DavidAGO

Back in the mid 80's I sold several pistols and revolvers. I was getting married and starting dental school, needed the cash more than the guns. Over the past 5 or 6 years I have been trying to find the same models of pistols I sold. some were easy, S&W model 10, ruger .22 pistol. Some I have searched for and found. I just found a Colt 1911, pre series 70 in .38 super. by serial number a 1964.

Now I am down to just 2, a S&W model 28 with 6 inch barrel, just a shooter, not a collector piece, and a S&W model 58. The chase is half the fun.

David

Good luck in your search. It does seem that people very often regret those guns they sold in their younger days. I've only sold one gun and that was a Ruger 10/22 Sporter so I don't think I'll have any trouble replacing it.

If you are willing to buy online I like to use places like Ironsights or Gunwatcher. They are search engines that check multiple gun sites.

The chase is half the fun.
Absolutely!

30 or so years ago, I sold a 4" Model 28 I got new back in the 70's. Just had to have something else, and needed the funds. :rolleyes:

Back in the 90's, got a real nice 6" Model 28 off a boy I worked with who was going through a divorce. Paid $150 for it, and also got a SS Colt Combat Commander off him for $200.

Im not a "long barreled" handgun type of guy, and while the 6" 28 shot great, I couldnt stand that long barrel. Sold it last year and more than tripled my money.

About a month ago, walked into a local shop, and there sat a basically NIB (not even a drag line on the cylinder, and in the original box to boot) 1970's era 4" Model 28 for $500, and it was calling my name! :)

Now, onto the next quest! :D

and I hope you enjoy the search....

Both model 28's and 58's are not that hard to find, at least in my area....and they both show up ( especially the model 28's ) at my local gunshows.

( maybe consider upgrading the model 28 -- to a model 27 ??)...nicer finish, basically the same gun...

Both model 28's and 58's are not that hard to find, at least in my area....and they both show up ( especially the model 28's ) at my local gunshows.

I wish, in my area I have not seen a 58 at all. I do not make many gun shows, few good ones around here. I see 28's occasionally, but either they are really nice ones that they want way too much for, or are really crapped out ones.

I know if I just am patient and wait, the right ones will come up. so far that is what has happened.

David

I'd also like to get a Model 58 to round out my collection. No good reason for wanting one except to say that I want one. Should have moved on one a few years ago when they weren't in such demand. Gotta pay the fiddler now. :(

Back