One last fix needed for FEG Hi-Power.

Larz

I removed the mag safety in my father's FEG. Now all I have to work on is a problem with the hammer going into half cock sometimes after firing. (The problem was there before I removed the mag safety) So we'll be plinking along and sometimes after we fire the hammer will drop into half cock which is really annoying. It may have to do with shooting a little hotter loads. I haven't had it happen with my PMP yet but Blazer does it about every 5 shoots. Is this a spring problem or something else easy to fix. Thanks ahead of times. Larz

Possibly a weak sear spring. Pull it out & check to see if it has any arch. If it does, straighten it gently. This will add a little pressure on the sear to keep it in the notch.

larz;
How much difference did the removal of the mag safety make on the trigger pull?

------------------
Bob--- Age and deceit will overcome youth and speed.
I'm old and deceitful.

In my opinion it made the gun usable. I wouldn't say that its great but its decent. Before I removed it the gun was dangerous because I never knew at what point in the trigger pull the gun would fire. Now I know when the gun is going to fire. I wouldn't say that the trigger pull is great but it is at least average now. In my experience removing the magazine safety was a very good move. Larz

Back