? on S&W 44mag

Turtle Bob

Hello yall!! I heard but have never seen a Model of the smith 29 that takes full moon clips for the 44mag 6 shots? What yall know?

Turtle Bob, why makes you to believe a Model 29 S&W even needs moon clips? .44mags have a rim on the cartridge that don't require them. Do you mean the .45 cal? That would require the use of full moon or half moon clips in the revolver.

That would be a Model 629

Recently, S&W has offered the Stainless version
of the M29 with which you can use moon clips.Some
custom gunsmith shops will also mill the cylinder
for you for around $75.

I have thought of having this done for my 629PC
but I'm not sure if I want to go without my gun for who knows how long ! ...best...dewey

Kenneth

It's a snubby Performane Center gun. Last year is was sans mooners, this year it has 'em....dewey

Just for fun!

Well the reason is I would like a S&W 629 3" barrel, bobed hammer, dbl action only, with a Fiber front sight, that takes fullmoons, is... That would be a blast in a IDPA match full house 44mags with fast speed loads....:eek: is how the SO would be... I have a S&W M&P 50 years old 4" Hardcrome setup, and Im doing a S&W 1917 as per the S&W 629 setup. Thats why!:D

Greetings,

I am not much of a revolver shooter, but those in my club that are have really reduced their reload times by converting over to moon clips...

Back