On line auction . . .

Sierraauction.com is also having a firearm auction. As above, I have no connection other than as a satisfied customer.

Bids quickly got out of hand
You can say that again! I was bidding on the Savage 1899 in 30-30 until the price got to $540. It finally sold for over $700! I don't play that way. If it's going to come down to winning at all costs I let the other guy bid it up then bail.

Heard Tuesday on michael berry radio show his buddy Ted Nugent will be auctioning many of his "regular" guns. Many! Ted says, 100's of guns! Sorry but I have no details and probably couldn't afford any like some of you high-rollers!

One final thought on this auction . . . .

They had a nice Mossberg 410 pump. Used of course and it went for over $400. Today I saw same gun, new, at Walmart for $277. Almost bought it, but am looking for something smaller for grandson. Plus I used to have one and sold it off.

Life is good.
Prof Young

I've bought a few guns on line, but for fixed prices only. I even got one seller to come down on his price a bit...first asking him if he was accepting offers. Great guy, long time seller. He did me right.

I've yet to see any auction these days where you won't pay top dollar.

Back