OMG!!! CZ 527 in 7.62 OMG!!!

Sweet Shooter

I did it!!!!! It's my new brush gun. Haven't shot it yet but held it a lot and cleaned it, and polished it. I don't know why it feels like one of the most exciting rifles I've handled. The iron sights are very natural and this thing comes up and points right where you meant it to. Fully floated barrel, nice walnut stock and love that single set trigger!!!
Experiences? Any love?

-SS-

I have the same rifle. You are going to love that rifle. I mounted a Leupold VXII 2-7x33 scope on my rifle. It only weighs 7lb. with scope and loaded ready to hunt. I have the trigger at 3lb. with the set trigger at 8oz. I will hold moa out to 200yds. easily, I have not tried any farther. Mine loves the Fed. 123gr SP.
DSCN0082.jpg

Last edited:
I almost had a heart attack related issue right up til I figgered out you were talking about a 7.62x39. I still want one of those, like yours, so bad I can't see straight.

Looking at a used one locally. What do you all consider a fair price now a days?
For the OP. Do you plan to scope it?

I had my hands on one at the local gun store awhile back. Thought hard about getting it but the timing wasn't right. Keep us posted on how it works out for you--maybe I'll go back!

@W748... no not going to scope it. I might eventually try to find a ghost ring for it.

I am considering bedding the action, but it's so dainty there's not much to bed. There is a basic pillar that runs through the stock to the tang which was floating so I have epoxied that in place. There is not a pillar at the front action screw. The action locks into the stock very snug and I can easily run a big cotton patch all the way down the barrel channel so it's floated real well and symmetrical too.

Just have to find time to go shoot this thing now. The rear sight has been punched/peened in place and the test target shows about one inch at 50 meters just slightly (.25") to the right... I hope I don't have to screw with it to get it zeroed with those irons. I wish they would not do the punch. What are the chances of them having it as centered as I want it?

-SS-

Tried to bed this new rifle around the lug because it's a little sloppy. I failed. There is so much air under the chamber and action that I'd have to build significant dams. The main movement is side to side so I'm planning on making a collar around the chamber area and setting it into the stock before I bed it. The up-side is that the barrel is very well floated.

-SS-

Got this CZ bedded nicely after allused JB instead of Devcon and it worked better. Took it to the range today... it shoots one to one and a half inch groups at one hundred yards with open/irons. I used an aperture on my glasses. The groups are about 1.5 to 2 inches to the left of center. Going back tomorrow to tap the rear sight across. Blown away at how tight it shoots. I shot Herter's 123gr. HP and Poly 123gr. FMJ. It doesn't care what you put in it.

I am thrilled. It appears to kick more than the AKs.

-SS-

I caved-in and put a scope on this 7.62. I love the irons and am not taking them off, but while this can shoot tiny groups even with Wolf, I can't be satisfied that my tap-tapping is making it any more zeroed. At 50 yards everything is inside 1.5 inches but at 100 yards the slightest tap appears to send the small groups from 2 inches left to 2 inches to the right... can't seem to get it to stop in the center. I will try one more time this weekend before I lock the scope down... it would be nice to know the irons are centered even if redundant.

I have a nice compact Leupold Ultimate Slam 2-7 on medium Leupold/CZ rings. The muzzle loader reticule looks like it might make some sense to the 7.62 ballistics and with the carbine being so light the scope should be able to take the recoil.
-SS-

The question was asked earlier, but I did not find any responses...

Can anyone tell me what the price for one of these CZ's is in today's market. Even a Hi-Lo range would help me. i am watching one at an upcoming auction, and want to bid...but bid intelligently. Help from a recent buyer would be appreciated.
AL

mayor al, I paid $630.00 for my 527 carbine in 2010. The best rifle I've ever owned. And I've owned a lot of nice rifle.

If you do find one, around $675. Absurdly high priced but it's what the market demand sets it at. I found mine used about 6 years ago for $500 but shipping and ffl fees made it a wash.

On a side note, it has a couple quirks. The firing pin spring isn't strong enough to set off Wolf primers all the time, even after CZ sent me a new one. Also check for burrs inside the magazines. I had feeding issues until i buzzed them off.

Mine is awesome, love it, great shooter. I am no incredible rifleman, but I do love showing this picture, 200 yards off a front rest.

527at200yardstarget.jpg

As far as rifles go, my little 527M would be, if worst came to worst, the last rifle I would give up.

527Mlighter.jpg

@armoredman—That is some nice shooting for sure. I can't see the type on the photo but was there a slight right to left cross wind? If so that rifle is golden. I'm beginning to feel the same way about mine too. I don't think I would part with it. How did you aim? I think that piece of paper would be near impossible to focus on at 200 yards...
-SS-

Back