OMC "Back Up"

smatte

Inactive
Does anyone have any information regarding directions to field strip and clean an OMC Back Up? I lost a bet, and I have to clean 11 of the dirtiest handguns I've ever seen. One of them is an OMC Back Up .380.

I think that OMC was an American importer of Spanish firearms. It's marked on the slide of the gun I'm trying to disassemble.

I'm not familiar with that without seeing a picture. Post if you have any pics. So I doubt I can help but I'm sure someone on here can.
Good Luck.

Actually, OMC is one of the many names used by the company that is most commonly known as Arcadia Machine and Tool, or AMT. They were known as OMC or TDE in their earlier years.

It has been many years since I sold my AMT single-action BackUp, so I am afraid I no longer recall the field-strip instructions. I think you had to drive out a roll pin and then tap out the breechblock from the bottom of the magazine well, but I could be mistaken. Try to Google for 'AMT Backup disassembly' or something like that.

Mill Creek - Thanks! - that's extremely helpful - I see the pins you're talking about - and now that I understand what they are, I'll try driving them out.

Snub 342 - thanks for the vote of confidence. I need all the help I can get, and you've both been very nice about it.

smatte

If you go to this link: http://stevespages.com/page7b.htm and click on 'AMT Backup', you will download a PDF of the owner's manual for the .380 DAO Backup. IIRC, and that is a big if, the double action and the single action were very similar, if not almost identical, in fieldstripping.

OMC Back Up

Wow! What a great site!!!! I found the manual!!!! Thanks very, very much!!!! This really pulled my bacon out of the fire!

smatte

Back