Olympic Pre-ban CAR-15: Good carbine?

pete80

Dealer had a few pre-ban NIB Olympic Arms CAR-15's for $1119.99, is this a good deal? Any experience with Olympic Arms or info would be appreciated! Also, I live in Southern Kalifornia, so the price may be different from outside states due to our New Assault Weapons Ban.

thank you

Judging by the prices being asked for any pre-ban offered over at www.ar15.com that is a good price. Oly carbines and rifles have a pretty good rep. Given the current political situation, I would say if you want one, jump on it. If you are not familiar with AR15.com they have a ton of information including serial # lists for most manufacturers that will give you a good idea if the rifle is indeed preban.
The serial # on current post-ban Olys start with PCR - Politically Correct Rifle meaning they have no evil flash hider or bayo lug. There is a forum on Olys moderated by an Oly rep, as well as having a link to the Oly website.
B

[This message has been edited by bergie (edited September 07, 1999).]

Yeah - I would get that one... I am looking to trade my Post-Ban in on a Pre-Ban. That one sounds like a good option.

------------------
"Supreme authority derives from a mandate from the masses. Not from some farsicle aquatic ceremony."

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE
The Critic formerly known as Kodiac

Back