Olympic Arms Whitney Wolverine find

kristop64089

Picked up a neat little oddity today. Came with the original black grips, take down tool, box, extra mag and manual. Remember seeing them years ago. This is 2588 of 3000 (allegedly 5k frames were made, but not sure how many actually made it to the market. Lee stated that the highest he ever saw was 3.5k). Talked to one of the guys that had a hand in making it and got a bit of provenance with it.
I brought this wolverine home, Store was closing. Called Olympic. It's sn#2588. They built all the frames in 2005 and 2006.this one shipped 12/03/2008. The guy I talked to is one of the original employees. He said he never saw higher than sn 3000. Sold all the rights, parts and equipment to a guy in Montana.
He said production numbers shouldn't be any higher than 3500.
Lee told me what ammo to feed it and that the biggest cause of failures is that shooters fail to get the mag set/engaged correctly. They received an undeserved bad reputation years ago, combined with poor customer service and the rest is history.
Ran 30 flawless rounds through it (CCI MINI MAGS and WWB) Such a cool piece of gun history, even if it's the redux.

Attachments

• received_2849302851963805.jpeg
    received_2849302851963805.jpeg
    204.2 KB · Views: 164
  • received_1368124800041377.jpeg
    received_1368124800041377.jpeg
    170.1 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
The Whitney Wolverine is one seriously cool .22 pistol with a sort of retro-futuristic aesthetic that I really dig. It's a shame that the pistol never really caught on, despite having a second chance at fame in the mid-2000s.

It's a weapon from another era when aesthetics were equally as important to function.

I would love to own one myself.

Maybe the 3rd time is the charm?
Lee gave me all the info to the guy that bought everything, I plan on calling him tomorrow.

It feels SO good in the hand. Shot great as well.

Hopefully he intends on actually doing something with it. You often hear about folks buying up the rights to various firearms, then never actually doing anything with them, like the guy who bought the rights to the Pancor Jackhammer.

Great looking gun. When I was a kid I had a toy gun that fired little yellow rubber bbs. It looked exactly like the wolverine. I’d love to have a real one someday. :cool:

Hopefully he intends on actually doing something with it. You often hear about folks buying up the rights to various firearms, then never actually doing anything with them, like the guy who bought the rights to the Pancor Jackhammer.
Well those instances most likey has to with financing and/or investors there Forte S+W, unless your like the guy who owned USFA, Donnelly was his name IIRC.

Last edited:
Who is Lee? Are we supposed to assume that Lee is the former Olympic employee with whom you spoke?

Sorry, I left that part out, yes. Lee is one of the employees that has been with O.A. a very long time. He really seemed to know his stuff

Great looking gun. When I was a kid I had a toy gun that fired little yellow rubber bbs. It looked exactly like the wolverine. I’d love to have a real one someday.

I had that exact toy!

Back