Older Ruger Single Six

Shotgun693

Years ago I gave my Son a Ruger for Christmas. He's curious as to what the gun might be worth, insurance value, and its collectability.

It's a ,22rf, Single Six, about a 6 barrel, blue, in very good condition. It has a one piece grip of a solid light orangeish brown color. The serial number is 88xxx.

If you have both cylinders, currently about $400.00.
Fine firearm, BTW. Mine was made about the same time. Still running strong and I wouldn't part with it for anything.
However, I find the magnum cylinder pretty useless.
And, if I didn't have one and was shopping I would strongly consider the new ten shooter model.

1) a 1958 Single Six will only have a LR cylinder, since the .22 Mag wasn't introduced until 1959.

2) NO Ruger SS was ever issued with a one-piece grip, since the Ruger gripframe is cast of one piece of aluminum, and not split for grip removal, ala Colt SAA.

3) It will have a barrel bored .219" for LR only, and not slightly larger like the later LR/Mag dual cylinder convertibles, that are better/safer for .22 Mag.

As a 3rd year gun, w/o original grips and/or box/papers, it's value would be in the $350-$400 range - much more with.

Back