Older Colt Python worth more?

BigJohnBoy

Are older Colt Pythons worth more than newer ones? I have a blued 6" Python in like new condition from 1971 seral # E198xx with 30 rounds fired through it and was wondering about what it is worth. Thanks,
JohnBoy

Recently I saw 2 blue 6" going for $600 ea.

These were at gun shows. Supply and demand. I`ve been told $6-900 is the going price. I also know where there`s a 6" blue with a Leupold scope, no E for $600.

I forgot to mention both 6" at the shows were E`s.

I also picked up a 4" for $600. There seems to be a lot around here right now. Who knows about your neck of the woods though.

The price on pythons is varying by huge amounts right now, apparrently partially related to misperceptions by people selling them about whether or not Colt still makes them, or ever will make them, or is even still in business.

I have seem very similar pythons selling for anywhere from $500 to 1000+.

The sellers are either very confused or trying to gouge buyers right now, in GA and FL right now anyway.

Personally, for a standard, nothing special blue python with 6 inch barrell, $600 or maybe $650 is as much as I would spend.

Colt does plan on re-introducing the python, and when they do, I expect prices will fall some on the used models.

That would be nice, but when the wholesale price of a Annaconda is at $850, I would imangine the Pythons will be $1000 or more. I have not seen any Pythons listed by any distributors yet , but the Annaconds are now available.

One gun shop I visited had a '70s Python (blue, 4-inch) in excellent condition, with its original box, for about $650.

(BTW, I should have bought it, but didn't act quickly enough--another one that got away! :( )

Back