old winchester

Mnhunter

Inactive
hi guys got a question for you. i'm looking for any info i can find on a model 1894 it says 30 WCF on barrell is this compatible with 30-30 ammo ? also the serial #is 967** any ideas as to the age of this rifle? thank you

Mnhunter, your Winchester Model 1894 was made in 1897.

30-30win.gif

The .30 WCF and .30-30 Win. are the same cartridge. IIRC, the .30 WCF caliber designation was used with the 1894 Model. When the Model 94 was introduced the caliber designation changed to .30-30 Win. but they are the same cartridge. Hope this helps!

Steve Mace

thank you steven if i could pry some more info from how about barrel length the seems to be some talk that the octagon barrel was cut off right now it is approx.3/4" in front of the feed tube and maybe an inch or so past the front sight.one more if possible what would the rough value be on this gun i understand this is hard to do a stab in the dark would be nice thank you

How long is the barrel now?

Measure from breech face of the bolt to muzzle.
(Don't answer if it is less than 16 inches. It being a pre-1899 piece, it might still be okay, but if so, you might want to consult with a collector about originality.)

Any way you could post photos?

Best,
Johnny

I got a small booklet with manufacture dates that states that yours is a 1897 made model.

starting production number that year is 76465 and 34988 rifles were made.

NB

Back