Old Shotgun ammo

elongatus

Inactive
I found these while cleaning out my dad's ammo storage. does any body know if they are valuable or not? all the boxes are full of unfired paper shells and seem to be in great condition.

Attachments

• shotshell.jpg
    shotshell.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 145
Probably from the 1930s to sometime in the 1950s.

In that condition, full box, yeah, they're worth something.

I've seen similar boxes of Remington shotshells on tables at gun shows at collector prices of $50 or more a box.

1950s production. That vintage does not have much collector value. You still se quite a bit of it around. If you can get 20.00 per box go ahead and take it or put it up on the mantel to look at.

I buy every box of ammo like that that I can find. I shoot it in my Parker 20's. They pattern correctly with that old stuff as that is what they were made to shoot-no shot cups. I love that old stuff and have it stacked high on my shelves in every gauge from 28-10, except 16. That old stuff just smells right when you shoot it too...

My grandpa has been reloading paper hulls for 50 years, nothing smells as good as a freshly fired paper shell:D.
I dont think I could keep them unfired.

I have a gunsmith shop and many times you see partial boxes and full ones come in. For quite a while I sold collectible and hard to find ammo. I still have some left but the collectible market has dropped considerably in the last two years. I have about 200 pounds of paper shells in 12 and 20 gage. I stopped takeing them to gun shows as there ils not much interest in loose shells unless there is something special. 8 gage, 10 gage 2 7/8", and the odd gages like 24, 18, 28, 32 and 410 in 2" are worth money but they are getting harder to find. Remington are usually the lowest on the ladder of collectible ammo. If you are looking for lanything specific let me know. I do not have any early two piece boxes in shotgun but I do have some nice Peters from the 30's. I would post a photo if I knew how.

Back