"old" S&W grips question... any help ???

just got a new 32 S&W "lemon squeezer" it's in pretty good shape cosmeticly
( bore is pretty pitted ) but this fits nicely into my collection... this has MOP grips, but they are not from the gun, & while in pretty good shape, don't fit very well ( are quite a bit smaller than the grip frame all the way around )

does anyone know if the grips from all the smaller framed top breaks ( like the 32 S&W's ) are the same, or do the lemon squeezer models have a slightly different grip frame size / shape when they incorporated the grip safety

It could very well be that the grips were originally intended for an Iver Johnson or Harrington & Richardson (or some other contempory top break).

Pix would help.

they are like 1/16" short of the grip frame all the way around ( similar to the top that is easily seen in this pic )

the gun just arrived today, & I could test fit the grips to any number of other 32's I've collected including another non-grip safety top break S&W...

I'd just like to find a nice set of original ( or at least better fitting ) grips for this gun, & don't really know if they are supposed to be the same as the other 32's or ???

attachment.php

Attachments

• 32 Top break S&W.jpg
    32 Top break S&W.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 414
I'm about 90% sure those are for an Iver Johnson. H&R grips tend to be a little flatter and more squared off at the bottom. They're definitely NOT S&W grips, though.

GVVEL... good eye... I tried them on several guns, & the Iver 32's were the best fit...

JIM... I'll have to try that... I have an old set of J Frame mediallion grips that might just fit...

BUSH... I'm at least interested to see what you have...

Have you joined the S&W forum? I have bought a few sets of original MOP stocks for these early Smiths from this forum and its members. There are some really nice folks on there, but I keep get busted for being somewhat Politically Incorrect... Go figure.. Kyle

Back