Old S&W .22?

Don Gwinn

Staff Emeritus
My wife's grandfather has an old S&W K-frame .22. It has a six-inch barrel, adjustable sights, walnut stocks and I believe it was an 8 shot but that could be way off. He'd like to know about what it's worth. It's in really nice condition; he's stored it in a Eubanks leather holster for years but it has no rust and no wear of the finish that I could find. The stocks aren't perfectly tight but it's possible they could be tightened; I didn't check.

I don't imagine it could be worth a lot, but he seems to want to know the value of everything he owns. :D If he decides to sell it, I intend to have him take it to a gunshop and I'll give him whatever they offer plus a bit, because I hate to see him get rid of it.

Any ideas? If you need a serial number or some other detail, I can give him a call.

While we're at it, what's "Eubanks Leather?" Seems like a nicely made holster.

Sounds like a K-22 Masterpiece (athough there are a few other possiblities). Without a serial number, or other such info (such as number of screws, finish, etc.) it is kind of hard to identify. Value would depend on age and exact model. K-22 guns should be either six shot or ten shot (new ones for the 10 shot). J frame (kit guns) are either six or eight (8 in the new ones).

Back