old pump action winchester 22

levibluejn

Inactive
My great grandfather bought this rifle LONG before i was born, and i was curious if anyone happened to know the year it was made. the model number is "Model 06" SN of 820668.

i found it in a lock box that was my grandfathers and not interested in selling it just curious about the year it was made. thank you for anyone who can help.

Production officially stopped in 1937 at about 708259, but special production runs using up parts made the total that Winchester acknowledges 848,000. FWIW, I have seen seial numbers higher than 848,000 and I have seen unserialized rifles also, so it's hard to say how many were actually made after 1937 and when they were made. Guesstimate around 1940-ish.

Does the pump model 06 take .22LR ammunition, or does it use the same .22 Winchester Automatic that the Model 03 semi-auto carbine used?

The Winchester Model 1906 uses regular .22 ammo. However up until serial #113,000 they were chambered for .22 short only. After this serial # they chambered .22 shorts, longs & long rifles. Hope this helps.

Back