Old powder

berkmberk1

I almost feel like crying. I'm now seriously delving into my can of "vintage '85" Red Dot..................it still has it's $8.99 price tag on it.......:(

I feel your pain on price. I am going back into the ACWSA, and have powder left from the mid 80s A $ 5.25/pd. I just recently bought 10 Lbs from Grafs and son @ $11.59/pd. they had a real good price on thier own brand, plus the $20.00 hazmat fee.

On another note, I have been shooting some ammo in my Muskets that I made up 15 yrs ago and it still goes boom, I need to practice to get back into competician.

Rebel Dave (still unreconstructed)

robhof

My brother and I bought a 75 cal B/p cannon barrel from Dixie in 1966 and made a carriage for it for a bpyscout project. We carried it on camping trips with the scouts and used it as a wake up alarm. Dug it out of storage with it's wooden ammo box container and a $2.00 can of Dupont ffg. that hsad been packed with it when I went off to the USAF. Loaded it with 100g and a 69 patched ball, cast in the 60's and it fired perfectly, broght back some fond memories. My son now has it and draws crowds at the gun range when he brings it. He couldn't believe the price sticker on the powder can.

Old brass stirs me up, because I can usually remember when I got it and the person I was at the time. Its a reminder that time is passing by.

Back