Old lever-action 12ga on "The Mummy II"?

Battler

Someone had to bring this up :)

Brendan Fraser had a sawn off lever-action 12 gauge that I'm fairly sure fed from a tube mag.

Lever action, with a WAY big lever loop.

Most of the guns in the movie looked British (I think the rifles were enfields, subs were stens). I know little about shotguns, though.

What was that shotgun he had?

Are they available anywhere?

If not, any good lever-action 12 gauge shotguns out there?

Battler.

I have not seen the movie, but here are only two lever-action repeating shotguns that I'm familiar with.

One is the Winchester M-1887 and the other was the M-1901 Winchester. One was available in 10 or 12 gauge and the other was available in 10 gauge only. I can never remember which.

Tri-Star has been threatening to begin reproduction of an
M-1887 copy for several years, but I've yet to encounter any one who saw one outside a S.H.O.T. Show. Doc O'Meara said that the one he examined had a price tag that was higher than an original in shooting condition.

If you find the repros, let me know about the cost, and quality.

Doc Hudson

There's an Australian outfit making an 1887 repro. I'm told by a couple of Aussies on another board they're getting more popular now that pumps are so hard to come by. I don't know if they're exporting them to the States. Go to http://www.lawranceordnance.com/rifles.html .

Popular now that pumps are hard to come by?

Hmm - in Australian law leveraction is classified same as pumpaction (which is considered by law same as semiautomatic which is mostly verboten).

BTW - $1 US buys $2 Aus now if the prices on that board scare you. . . .

Someone on another board said that the levergun he had was a Winchester model 94 (Although checking their site their only current production is rifles and a 410 shotgun).

Battler.

Spencer, Marlin and possibly Burgess also made lever action shotguns. None were good designs.

Lever actions kinda lost out to pumps and the excellent early autos like the Model 11 Remington, A-5, etc.

I watched the first Mummy movie (the Brendan Frasier one, not the Boris Karloff one) on video the other night with my sons and noticed that he used a Winchester Model 1897 pump (the "Wild Bunch" shotgun).

But what were the twin revolvers he carried in shoulder holsters in the first film?

Battler- good posting ....I feel a LA shotgun woud be the same as a L/A rifle and on a "B" licence- at least in NSW, or maybe an "A"- as a shotgun?

As you obviously know- but our US friends may not- ALL shotgun pumps are effectively restricted only for farmers and limited to 5 rds now in OZ.

Cost is $1,500AUD or about $700USD as per SSAA magazine.

Good old Lithgow -makers of the '87, but they are 2 3/4 " 12GA only and with Improved barrel only- ideal for cowboy shooting(slugs/buck etc). The first firearm made in Australia for many years......

Make a good HD gun in USA maybe.....

BB

Back