old german made walther ppk/s .380, looking for info

MustangLife

I have a german made walther ppk/s .380 by InterArms. Its all black in color, i believe its black alloy. From what I've seen the only ppk/s now are the 2-tone or the blue steel. Also the german made walthers are no longer being produced and imported to the US. The prices I've seen for brand new 1999 models of the ppk/s that are german made are going for $950-$1000 new. Mine is in prestine shape and it is old, not sure on that but i know its at least older than me and i'm 23. So I figure i have basically a collectors item and a sawed after gun in the walther lovers club. SN#173xxxS.

So if I could get some info on the year, which has been terrible hard to find. And I'm estimating my value at $850.

If theres anything else you could tell me about the gun that i don't already know.

Josh

I belive your way high on price I say more in 350 to 400 range. If was WW2 or before be worth a more. But from 70's I don't think so.

It's a 1973 production model. In '77 the date was changed to a two letter code. Proofed at the Ulm proofhaus about eight blocks from the Walther plant.

Your Walther was manufactured by Manurhin in France and shipped to Ulm for final polishing, blueing and roll marking and assembly.

The 'S' in PPK/S stands for 'Special' to the American market because of the GCA of '68 banning the PPK from importation. If yours is in the condition you state, it may be worth in excess of $500 for the right buyer if you have the box, manual, cleaning rod, and test target.

Without those items $400-$500 would be reasonable.

The alloy or Dural frame models only included the .22LR. Your PPK/S is all steel.

Back