old german luger 30mm (need info)

i have an old german luger (30mm) that igot from an very old friend of mine he is like a grandpa to me
he said that he got this old gun from a friend of his and he got it from and german navy man in the ww2 i have looked in some books and it gose back as far as 1900 thats what the marks on the gun tells me but i still have no cule what the gun is worth.
if you know about this kind of gun wIll you e-mail me and i will send pic and all info about the gun!!!
i when i find out what the gun is worth it will be up for trade or sale thnx for your help guys!!!!!:cool:
mike
e-mail: MYKEYPAIM@AOL.COM

If it truly is a 30mm, don't take less than $1,000,000 for it.

OTOH, if its .30 cal. it's probably worth somewhat less.:eek:

Tim

Didn't know the Luger was ever chambered in 30mm. You could hide in trees with that thing and kill tanks with it like an AH64 Apache!;)

I'm sure you meant 30Luger. Value will depend greatly on the condition of the gun. If it has little or no finish it's a 200$ gun tops. In 98% condition the value could exceed 1000$ if the gun has some historical significance.

You can e-mail me the photos of the gun and I could give you my opinion on its value. If it is in very good condition have it appraised. If it's clapped out, have a gunsmith check it to make sure it is safe to shoot and enjoy it.

Regards.

WAS THERE NOT A 30 LUGER OR 30MM LONG AGO AND NOW THE 9X19 OR THE 9MM TOOK ITS PLACE
THATS WHAT I WAS TOLD!
BUT I HAVE NO CULE
THNX FOR THE INFO GUYS
MIKE

30mm What Recoil, Just right for Rambo

Or you could say larger then the size of a 12 gauge Shotgun Bore.

Lets cut him some slack, I have been told by people at gun shows the .30 lugers and .30 Toks were 30mm.

some peopel think that because its related to 9mm parabellum/luger its a round measured in millimeters.
.30 cal is 7.62mm.

Unfortunatly I knwo nothing about lugers really.
It took me a year and a half to find a Luger price guide that listed a price for a 1913 erfurt, I was een told be people that no 1913 erfurt luger existed, despite the fact of oen being in my gun cabintet, so if it is a rare gun, which it might be, it could take you forever to find out about it.

wish I could help more.
good luck.

To do any kind of evaluation you need to post more information. What is the serial number? What other markings/ Is it an old model or a new model?
You might also want to post on Harry Nolder's forum for identification and approximate evaluation. Include the information I listed above if possible.

The original cartridge for the Luger was the 7.65mm Parabellum. The 9mm Parabellum was a "necked up" version to meet German army requirements. The term ".30 Luger" for the 7.65mm is strictly American and was used by importers for pistols brought into the US.

Jim

Hope this will help:
30 BORCHARDT:
Introduced: 1893
USA 1905
Other Names: 7.65 Borchardt
1893 Borchardt
Dimensional data:
Dia: Bullet: .307
Neck: .331
Shoulder: .370
Base: .385
Rim: .390
Case Length: 0.99
Ctge Length: 1.34

Factory Ballistics:
Bullet: MV: ME:
85gr 1280 312
This is the cartridge for the 1893 Borchardt auto pistol, later redesigned as the Luger pistol. The cartridge and pistol were designed by American Hugo Borchardt, but were
manufactured by Loewe in Berlin.

HJN

Back