Old Enfields

madcratebuilder

Here's a pair of No4 MkII Enfields, both built in 1955 and in storage until I unwrapped them. The UF rifle is two years old and a excellent target shooter. The PF rifle was been unwrapped for two weeks, just back together after clean up. I hope for 1 moa after I get a hundred rounds or so down the pipe. These post war Enfields are really nice, nothing like the war time rifles. To bad they are not real warriors.
enfield204.jpg

enfield203.jpg

enfield202.jpg

enfield201.jpg

Wow! Where did you get something like that?

Several on Gunbroker, the trick is finding one at a reasonable price. These mummified Enfields started to show up in the early nineties and cost just over $100. I should have bought a dozen.

All of those are beautiful.

A few months ago a guy with a very small gun shop here in Memphis had such a #4, and with the high price ($599 or so) he wants for it, he might still have it.

"Phil's Guns", and be aware that there is More than one gun store on Summer Ave.

Other than a very small cut in the wood, it looks mint.

I have a wartime rifle that is pretty nice, not FTR, or at least not marked as such. Not quite as nice as those. The wood seems postwar and it has export marks on it. Have no idea where it came from after it left UK. Still it is vastly better than the grease-caked gunshow beaters so I suppose I best keep it for now.

Back