Old colt

Randall Shaw

I was just given a colt 45 , The condition is very good ,the s/n is 44068, the only date is a pat. 1875 .
I have no history on the weapon .
Thanks for the info on the Randall firearms
company last month .

For a fee, Colt's will research your gun and send you a letter with the year of manufacture, original buyer, etc.

------------------
May your lead always hit center mass and your brass always land in your range bag.

~Blades~

Am I correct in assuming that this is a revolver?

If you could provide a brief description, I will try and locate it for you.

HJN

Your right it is a revolver , it has a 7 1/2
inch barrel , there are no U.S. markings on it , on the left side it is marked cal 45.
The right side has 3 dates stamped on it from 1872 through 1875 , the blueing is worn off
about 85% of the weapon , every thing seems to work , only visible damage is the front site is bent .

If it is single action , .45 caliber with that serial number it was manufactured between 1878 and 1879. I think it would be worth while to ask Colt for a letter. Doc

------------------
Is that a pistol in your pocket or are you just glad to see me? .... Mae West

I will have to agree with KV4V. I could very well put out the incorrct information. At this time the only thing I can find that even resembles what you describe is the 1873, and that was in 44rim.

HJN

Based on the info given, it sounds like a standard civilian SAA. The '75 patent date was added around #34,000.

Jim

Back