Old Burris 3x9 range finding scope info needed!!!

sunflake

Inactive
I called Burris today and tried to describe what this scope is but the very nice young lady is having a hard time finding any info for me. What I do know is it's about a 1981 ish model. It has the normal cross hair and below the horizontal hair are 2 what I believe are called stadia wires.
As you turn the power up there is a dot that drops down from the middle of the cross hair. When you get the deer bracketed you put the dot on the deer. It's a bullet drop compensator.
IIRC there is also yardage marked on the ring in front of the eyepiece. Anybody know any info or know where I could get a copy of the manual? Burris doesn't have anything.

sounds cool... & I'd like to find out more... I was really heavy into Burris scopes in the 80's & don't recall seeing one... at that time I was buying some of their best offerings... though most were regular handgun scopes & Posi Lock rifle & handgun scopes

still like their stuff I've bought 4 of their scopes over the last year, one C-4 wind reticle & 3 Preditor Quest rifle scopes, all 4.5 - 14X scopes ( love the reticles on those Preditor Quest scopes )

IIRC the stadia wires subtend an 18" "target zone". You change the power to fit the 18" target perfectly bracketed by the wires & aim to the BDC dot.

The idea was that the average deer was 18" deep at the chest.

Yes that is exactly what I have. I need to know if someone has the manual for it? So that I can find out what bullet weight and what velocity I need to use to make this scope work correctly.

It was kinda sorta generic. That was the problem with the older "TRC" scopes they weren't specific to a load.
The average a lot of them went for was a 30-06 with a 150 gr bullet I think.

Back