Old Browing .32 ACP - Model 1?

gvf

Saw a BROWNING MODEL 1 .32 ACP SEMI-AUTO at local gun store.
"Fabriuque Nationale D Arms deguarre Herstal Belgioue" is what it says on side of gun and serial # 4827 C various places, (though it is noted 14827C one place).

Wood grip, obviously older gun, tapers noticeably towards front of barrel. The end of the barrel is a section, about 1/2" that looks like it is detachable.

I can't find any listing on this on Google, least under Browning. The store's info-tag has "Model 1", can't remember if that is on gun anyplace, though "Browning" is.

Anyone know of this, or better ever shot one? Around $230 is asking.

It sounds like a FN Model 1922 or also listed as 1910/22. It is nothing more than a FN Model 1910 with a larger magazine and extended barrel. Rather than design a new slide a shroud was attached. The 1910 was very successful and many of the different governments were interested . However they required a longer sighting radius and larger magazine capacity. These pistols were used extensely by the Croats, Serbs, Dutch ,etc: etc; These were very well made pistols . If the pistol is in good condition then 230 is not a bad price. Also, I have no ideal what a Browning Model 1 is. But then again there's a lot of things I don't know :). Pistols of the World has no listing for a Browning or FN Model 1. Hope that helps.

I think it is safe to say the store tag is wrong - there is no such thing as a Browning Model 1.

It is a Model 1922. If it is in good shape with a good bore and a lot of blue remaining, it is well worth that price, even as a shooter. If it has a crest on it or some other military marking, it would be even better.

Jim

Back