old beretta?

Status
Not open for further replies.

j.s.parker

just bought beretta m92"f" not fs.so much talk about locking block breakage. its a police trade-in. excellent condition. two beretta hi-cap mags. should i get newer beretta?

Are you a worrier?

Get a new block (about $65 from Beretta USA) and forget about it for about 20K rounds w +P ammo, or twice as much (or more) w std pressure ammo.

Most LE trade ins have lots of holster wear, little actual use; very few PDs/LEOs shoot more than a few hundred rounds a year.

Blocks rarely just go and lock up the gun; usually they start to jam a lot first. Replace it then.

Saw an ad for Beretta kits (barrel, block, guide rod/spring, etc) for only $95 at RPB, 404-297-0907. Get one of those and relax.

------------------
>>>>---->

BrokenArrow; Thanks for the good imput,much appreciated. I think I'll do just that. Heck, I guess I'm kinda committed to the gun, just bought two 17 round mec-gars! Be safe.

$95 is cheap insurance and well worth it to get yourself a "new" gun. Keep in mind that most "Police issue" 92F's were upgraded to 92FS specs shortly after the rumors started. The suspect parts we're probably already replaced but it sure wouldn't hurt you to do it again. Great gun!

JJR; thanks for your imput. I called berreta and talked to a tech rep. He was helpful and informative. I don't think I have anything to worry about. Be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back