Okay, so here's a dumb question...

jrsower

I believe the law in my state says you can hunt with any rifle as long as it holds no more than 10 rounds.

Could I hunt with an M4 with a 10 round mag then? Would this be ridiculous?

If you want to.

Mine is not to judge what is ridiculous.

Let's see...I'm not sure what state you live in, but something to keep in mind if you are going for deer or bigger game is that MOST states have a minimum caliber requirement. For instance, here in Washington, your rifle needs to be at least .240...

I do know guys who use their EBR's of various makes and models to go out for Coyote.

My only advise to you, is be prepared to answer some questions. You are bound to attract some attention wandering around in the woods with an M4.

If you really want to use .223, a buddy of mine has a NEF Handi-Rifle that is a Tack Driver...only $230.

Here in GA, I can legally hunt with a 75 round drum on an AK, but its not very sportsman like.

Not too many people will go out with someone with a hi-cap.

-SquirrelNuts

Until we lost our property, I did a fair amount of hunting in Greene county. I remember sitting in my stand one morning hearing blam....... blam blam blam blam blam blam. It had to be 9 or 10 shots. Crazy rednecks. I guess he eventually figured out if you missed on the 1st shot, the subsequent 8 or 9 aren't going to help. ;)

I only have one thing to say.... It's not how many rounds you gun holds, It's where you put the first shot that really count's. Myself I hunt most of the time with a single shot rifle or Encore handgun.
:D

Back