• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

OK, splain something about this last down time

labgrade

Member In Memoriam
Didn't catch wind that TFL was going down & was in withdrawals till I tried the main page (have various forums bookmarked & walk in through those + e-mail notification for a few threads). Did, about Fri sometime, get the server note at the main page.

Couldn't get in till AM of 9/22 & no e-mail notifications of any threads being replied to, but when I do get in, I see that there's been posting throughout the weekend & that w/replies to those I'd subscribed to.

Other than that server going from FL to WA (?) in 5 minutes, what other tricks have been afoot? ;)

Actually, we blocked TFL just for you only, Alan. Pretty neat trick, eh? ;)

Sorry... I couldn't resist. :D

I was unable to access for about a day and a half, and I definitely noticed a gap in the posts.

I don't think it was possible for anyone to access TFL for about 36 hours or so. As far as I can tell, we went down around 12:00 EDT on Thursday, and got back online around 22:30 EDT on Friday.

Can you find any threads that had their last post between these times?

"Can you find any threads that had their last post between these times?"

No & I ain't lookin'. I'm in a snit. Treat me shabbily, will ya? ;)

No biggie. Was just wonderin'. Seemed like if posts were happening, I would have been dumped an e-mail to subscribed is all .... seems odd & I don't care any longer - bigger fish to fry.

Now. Where's that FreeRepublic address ... ? ;)

Glad we be back.

Email problems

There were no big changes afoot with the move. There was a slight delay between the server being put in place and DNS being updated along all the necessary channels. If you got here late friday and tried to click on 'click here for the firing line' and went nowhere, that was part of the dns delay.

Rich had emailed me saturday with a mail problem he was working on. If anyone has any problems receiving email for subscribed threads, post it here and I'll look into it. I'm not up on on how vbulletin handles outgoing mail, but I can take a look at it from the server side.

That does seem odd about you not receiving email regarding your subscribed threads. I don't have an explanation...

...and I don't have a smarta**** answer for you either. ;) :D

Perhaps Caeca Invidia Es will have an hypothesis?

-Dave

Well I want my money back then. The e-mail thing is fixed but I certainly expected a smart-a$$ed answer.

What's this world coming to ... ? ;)

Don't sweat it. Sounds like more trouble to give me an answer than it's worth.

The email problem was my fault. The server was configured with as owned by groupone-inc.com. Therefore, automated mail was coming from nobody@groupone-inc.com. Because we didn't have Roger set up a Name Server entry for Group One, many of your email hosts rejected the messages as spam when they couldn't resolve the sender. This I fixed Saturday AM....or Friday night; I can't remember anything but a blur! :)
Rich

Back