• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

OK, I may (occasionally) be a jerk; but YOU'RE NO HELP!!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter citizenSTILL
  • Start date Start date
C

citizenSTILL

Unless you're "staff", skip this boring, techno-babble thread...

So, my hd crashed. Replaced and reformatted. Only problem, THIS is the only site I could NOT log-on!! NOT recognized AT ALL!!!! Repeated e-mails to "webmaster" last week remained unanswered, as did a personal phone call to a staff member.....Well, I re-registered as a new member (apparently only means to gain access), researched and discovered suggestion to delete (former) cookies. Now I've done that, and would like my "old" name back; but site always immediately recognizes my "new" name and prevents me attempting to log-on with "old" name......(my typical, usual sort of cunundrum) will someone extricate me from this?????

CS-
Sorry if we missed your email(s).

You already know how to regain your old personality....delete your cookies and sign in under that name.
Rich

Well, now, maybe I'm doing this incorrectly, but NO; it don't work!
Deleted specifically my TFL cookies, got to website, signed on with original id, and was not recognized - again!!!! Same and original problem......!!!???????

Thanks, Rich; I appreciate your attention. But it don't work......I want back in, don't leave me out here 'cause I may not be usin' all cylinders....I'm anxious to post a "muchas gracias" to this but not yet.

Could it be your password? Are you absolutely sure you are entering the correct one? Do you want us to send a password reminder email?

Speaking of emails, I see tht you have two different addresses. Which is correct, your 'citizen' one or your 'citizenstill' one?

I don't know for sure, but it looks to me like the person who started this thread had to register under a new name to be able to post. He was able to get help from Mal to get his original identity back, so his duplicate account was deleted. The software reverts deleted accounts to "guest" status, but doesn't delete the posts themselves.

-Dave

Back