ok i got my license!!

viciouskitty

I just recieved my C&R License! im really excited and my wallet has been dreading this day but i was wondering what do i have to do to make my first purchase possible? What records must be kept? procedures to follow etc. Also has anyone ordered from wideners? I was wondering if i can fax them my License or do I have to mail it in? Oh and by the way my firt gun is going to be a yugo Tokarev then a Kar 98K!!!

thats awesome. love the tokeravs. what is the minimal age limit to apply for a c&r? im almost 18 so im hoping thats what it is :D

I chose to mail my FFL's so the company has it with original signature. You will need to keep a bound book for your purchases. You should receive a packet in the mail from the ATF. You can also go to www.atf.gov to find the answers to your questions. Just keep in mind your C&R license is for "your" collection and not a license to do business buying and selling. Buy all you can afford and take care as to what and when you sell.

I'm sure you already know, but just a reminder, don't sign the original, just make a couple of dozen copies and sign those when you send them out to every place you can think of.
You'll need a record book like this one from Brownell's. ( the $3 one ) If you send them a copy of your license, they'll give you a discount on your orders.
http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=1694/sku=108-006-000/Product/FIREARMS_RECORD_BOOKS

Widener's is an excellent company. Just mail them a copy of your license, wait a few days for them to get it, then you can place your order on line or call them up and say "Hi, I want to order a Yugo Tokarev."

Most companies accept an electronic (scanned and emailed) signed copy.
J&G, for one, does not. They need an original.

Some suppliers (Midway, Grafs) offer discounts and will set you up with a dealer account. As always shop around, sometimes you can still find items cheaper elsewhere without a "dealer" discount.

I was so excited when I received mine a few weeks ago that I signed the damn thing before making copies. As I said, most companies accept faxed or emailed copies so no big deal- but I do have to send $1 to the gubmint for a new original copy. Funny, the lady I spoke with at the BATF commented on my honesty- she said most people just say their dog ate it...:o

Back