OK! I DID IT! I BOUGHT A KIMBER!!!!!

nobody

I had been debating about which compact M1911 to buy, and finally went down to the gunstore to check them out.
Well, I had the salesman lay out 1 each of the Kimber Ultra Carry, Springfield Ultra Compact, and a Colt Defender.
The Kimber was the hands down winner!
The Colt looked cheap, and the Springfield seemed a bit less refined, but the KImber was(in my eyes) perfect. I can't think of anything I would change (except maybe to checker the frontstrap).
I put it on lawaway until I get paid for a sig I am selling. I can't wait to take it out for a spin.
Thanks to all who answered my questions.
Looks like I am back to the .45, yahoo!

------------------
Give me Liberty, or Give me Foodstamps!

[This message has been edited by nobody (edited January 05, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by nobody (edited January 05, 2000).]

I paid (will pay) $619.00, which probably is not a bargain. What the heck though, I wanted it.
I have found that dealers in my area sell their popular guns at nearly the list price.

The compact is my next gun- though I cannot decide between the stainless and the matt version. Any suggestions?

Erik

While there is no denying the rust resistance of the stainless, I prefer a dark finish on my guns. I just figure that eventually I will have to have it refinished, if it is a daily carry gun. Th stainless Kimber does look sharp with the contrasting grips panels.

I am thinking that my next 1911 will also be a Kimber Compact.

I 'll have to wait a bit for it, since I bought a used but unfired stainless Colt XS Commander last week.

The Kimber Compact with a checkered front strap and a Novak rear sight would be just about perfect, IMHO. :)

I also just purchased my first Kimber. It's a matte blue compact. Bought it on New Year's eve, the local store had an inventory reduction sale, I paid $530 for it. I wanted a stainless steel but my friend bought the last stainless compact ($590). It was a pleasure to shoot, no malfunction, accurate, and controllable. I didn't have time to break it in, I just took it out of the box and shot it in a no light indoor IDPA match. Hopefully I can take it to the range this weekend. I plan to use it in IDPA matches, as an alternative to my full size Colt.

I have all Glocks but some day I will get me one of those scaled down custom 1911s. I hope you enjoy it a lot. congradulations, and be safe.

Back