Ok I admit it......not gun related.

frogman6

I am thinking of dumping AOL........and was wondering if you guys/gals had any experience with earthlink......they keep sending me stuff........are they any good ?........if not who do you suggest ?.........thanks.

------------------
Star Trek nerd and proud of it

My father in law uses AOL. I'm not too impressed. I use Mindspring who just acquired Earthlink and kept the Earthlink name. Absolutely no problems and wonderful 24 hour tech support. Tell them I sent you and I'll get a $ 20.00 credit. :)

I would dump AOL no matter who was or wasn't courting me. They are known to be anti-gun, and kick gun related sites of their server. You should dump them on principle if nothing else.

------------------
“The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals. ... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of.” -Alexander Addison, 1789

[This message has been edited by deanf (edited December 01, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by deanf (edited December 01, 1999).]

Earthlink is pretty good....sometimes connections are slow and you can get knocked off...I suspect thats due to the recent merge with Mindspring and hardware hasn't caught up yet. You might wish to check out Concentric too.

Two tin cans and some string is better than AOL :)

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" RKBA!

I use WWDB and rarely do I get a connection under 50k. It's about $13.00/month unlimited access, 5 e-mail addresses and 20(?)Meg for you home page.

------------------
John/az

"The middle of the road between the extremes of good and evil, is evil. When freedom is at stake, your silence is not golden, it's yellow..." RKBA!

I use to work for Earthlink. They have strong tech support and decent customer service. The quality and reliability of their connections can change from area to area but is good overall. If you're in the boonies you might not have as many options as you would in a large metro area.

Progun or antigun, and regardless of the deals others may or may not offer, AOL STINKS.

Their customer base is so freakin' huge, they don't have the hardware to support all their subscribers. Hence, you get a LOT of lag, slow connections, and lotsa broken ones.

Earthlink and MediaOne are OK--but for the price, NetZero is excellent (no fee). The only downside is, because they get their revenue through advertising, you have to answer a whole lot of marketing questions, and you have to put up with their advertisement box that you can't close or minimize. Still, for free internet access, it's not bad, and connections are usually quite decent.

------------------
Exodus 22:2 -- Biblical precedent for home defense.

I've had Earthlink for awhile now, and overall, I'm very happy with their service. Great tech support and customer service, decent rates (for what you get), and high connection speeds. The only complaint I have is that sometimes my connection will sit there and do nothing for the longest time, and then either start working again or disconnect (50/50). Could be because of the merger (as mentioned above). Otherwise it works great. I've hardly ever gotten a busy signal, but that part will depend on where you live, too...

ANYTHING is better than AOL. Those freebie CDs they keep sending me make great targets, though...

I have Earthlink, in fact just signed up with them. I wouldn't have if I knew that they're owned by Sprint, making them an anti-gun company.

I second NetZero. I've been using them since they started, and their quality has improved from "whadda ya expect, it's free" to be more reliable than most paid services.

I've tried net zero......but they're always....reeeaaallllyyyy slow......and I hate the stupid ad banner......I guess I'm going to go with earthlink.........are the browsers more or less the same ?.

------------------
Star Trek nerd and proud of it

Dump America Off Line.

Slow, slow and slow. Why pay good money for poor service?

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

We had Earthlink, it was OK. Now,we're hardwired thought the cable TV compmany. Lots faster and since we didn't need a dedicated phone line, even a bit cheaper...

Back