OK, break 'em out...

SaxonPig

There's an active thread about the history of the 38 Special cartridge. I love the 38 Special and the revolvers that take this round. I really like old cop guns with character. Bought a bunch in the 1980s as PDs switched to autos and dumped their old wheel guns on the used market.

Here's a couple of mine.

Model 10-7 in nickel with ivory.

standard.jpg

Police Positive Special in nickel (I like the shiny ones).

standard.jpg

I like ivory.

standard.jpg

Smoothest action of any 38 I've owned.

standard.jpg

S&W Model 36. While it felt and functioned perfectly, being a little older than I was comfortable using +p ammo in it made me decide to sell it to a friend.

05162011011.jpg

Howdy

Here is a pile of 38s. Cheating a little bit, there are a few 357s in the pile. Just a few that I grabbed out of the safe, there are more that did not make the photo.

pile_zpsqeggxfbj.jpg

P.S. No firearms were harmed in taking this photo.

M60.

My very old and much modified M10.

Probably the best holster .38spl ever made, M15.

Super accurate M14 I've had forever.

And, of course, the Diamondback.

The Python insisted on pushing into the M10's pic; and the Woodsman can be excused for trying to pose.

Excludig my .357s, I really only have one .38. That's old reliable here.

m60.jpg

Bought brand new back in '94 and carried almost every where for 16+ years until I semi-retired it and started carrying a 9mm/.45. A good many a nights on long road trips, it gave me comfort at my side, either in a pocket or an IWB holster. 90% of the time, it was usually stoked with Corbon 158gr +P+ LHPs. Still deploy it every now and then when my attire can't allow me to carry either my SR9C or SW1911 sub-compact. I will never part with this gun.

Of the various pictures so far, I love that standard barrel Model 10s.

But the most beautiful revolvers for me are the pictures of the Model 15s.

It is such an elegant .38.

I remember a time in the early 1980s when a dealer had a pristine Model 19 and a pristine Model 15. He fervently urged me as a friend to buy the Model 19. I agreed it was a "do more" revolver than the Model 15 but I wanted the 15. I guess I just wasn't a "do more" guy.

Back