Ohio CCW?

mineralman

What's the current word on HB 165? I haven't heard anything recently. OFCC's still claiming that they are dying without my contribution, and the legislature is in reccess. No news. Is it still alive? Is Governer Weenie still planning to veto if it passes? How many supporters are there?

~~~Mineralman

HB 165 is not dead yet.

The legislature normally deals with budgetary issues in it's second session, but I think this time they'll be dealing with CCW also.

Gov. Taft has proposed two bills (1 in House, 1 in Senate) that he calls "safe storage" laws. What they really are is "criminal protection" laws. They would make it a criminal act to keep a loaded gun in your house unless it is under lock and key. So much for self-defense.

The silver lining to this is that one of the many sponsors of HB165 will probably attach it to this so called "safe storage" bill and force the Governor to veto his own proposed legislation.

I urge you to call your congresspeople and tell them what you believe and how you want them to vote. OFCC has a new feature at their website that allows you to e-mail ALL the members of the Ohio Congress all at once with a personalized letter.

------------------
RKBA!

"The people have the right to bear arms for their defense and security"
Ohio Constitution, Article I, Section 4
Concealed Carry is illegal in Ohio.
Ohioans for Concealed Carry Website

Back