Oh No! Web Board Overload... Does not compute... AAaaaggghhh...

Does anybody else find it hard to keep up with threads here, on Glock talk, and Shooters... when the posters are the same guys and gals in all three places anyway...

BTW, are there any other boards I haven't discovered?
As always... Cheers! <font color=red>T.S.</font>

[This message has been edited by The Scandinavian (edited 01-13-99).]

[This message has been edited by The Scandinavian (edited 01-13-99).]

The Firing Line is definitely the best set up board and has the best participants I've seen - we've had disagreements on this board which would have quickly descended into an open flame war elsewhere, but stayed on topic and learned more for it. I'm still trying to break my old Shooter's habit, but with their constant flame wars, poor board setup, and ever-present technical difficulties, it's getting easy.

If you like more specific (HK, SIG, etc.) mailing list type forums, look at http://www.Stenhammar.Net/guns/firearm%20mailing%20lists.html . I'm on HK, SIG, and Tactics lists as a participant, and lurk in digest mode on a few others. The more you know...

[This message has been edited by Morgan (edited 01-13-99).]

I used to think it was fun to watch the inconsistencies that people have from board to baord.. (I'm sure I''ve done it too... ;)).

Now I just try to manage my time online so that I only go where it is well used.. of course, somehow I got to where I am visiting Rec.Gardens every damn day!

------------------
-Essayons

Morgan, Jeff: Yep, I know what you mean. I think it's especially important to be able to talk rationally about the kind of topics that crop up on firearms discussion boards, as so often situations arise where there really is no "one single right answer". People do seem to realise that here.

Rob: You've also raised the idea in my mind that people could actually have more than one handle... Hmm...I wonder...!

Anyway I can only concur as to the quality of The Firing Line. I also subscribe to digest of the bullseye list, ipsc list, idpa list, and tactics digest... but there is only so much time in the day and it starts to get hard to pretend to be working at times...
Thanks! <font color=red>T.S.</font>

Consistent handles are the exception.. that you can count on. Some people will even have more than one handle at the same board and have coversations with themselves.. having been online since there was an online (at least as the consumer market is concerned) I have become quite a student of online psychology and sociology. Maybe I'll write a book one day.

btw, since you brought it up-

I am not the same "Rob" as the guy at Bladeforums, I took my initials, "RJP" over there, because "Rob" Was already taken.

I am CatalystPro (my company is "Catalyst Promotions") at Gunforums for the same reason.

On NGs I am "Rob"

On ICQ I am "^v^", which is the symbol for "The Online Persona Formerly Known as Rob"

I have had countless handles and nicknames over the years from BBSs to Email to the Internet. Some more goofy than others, but I have settled on trying to keep as much consitency as possible lately, one day I may run for Virtual President.

------------------
-Essayons

I had over a dozen boards in my bookmarks, then I overloaded my beezer with all the input. I got really tired of the following:

ALWAYS the same folks on just about every board

ALWAYS the same company sales ads on all of the boards

The WTS/WTT/WTB ads are nearly all duplicated on every board

Most of the other boards were loaded with smarta** flamers who would assault the board with the vilest of profanity and "clever" insults

Basically just TOO MUCH of the same old, same old all-around. I mean, how many damn ads for AUGS and Colt uppers/lowers, and H&K multi-thousand dollar guns can you wade through? So now my one and only gun-spot is The Firing Line!

It should be everyones'. They'd sure find better information, make better friends, and not read filth, threats and hatred.

[This message has been edited by Herr Glockner (edited 02-02-99).]

Back